New to Typophile? Accounts are free, and easy to set up.
Being my very first real life brief I was quiet excited to start this work, since I have only just entered my 2nd year on my university course.
The brief was to create a logo design for a newly invented slash proof material, which is better than Kevlar, tested and proven. We had to bare in mind 4 key words, being; Protection, Safety, Innovative and Futuristic, also we had to make sure the design could still be easily recognisable on a smaller scale e.g. clothes label size, since that is where the logo will be seen most of the time.
I got a brief the other day that is basically aimed at promoting; saving the earth. My first thoughts about it was, great, this should be pretty straight forward to research and generate ideas from.
So, I got right onto having a little mind-mapping session on my, freshly bought, layout pad. It went pretty well the mind-mapping as I got a fairly strong idea to start off with, not that it mattered at this stage, since I now needed to go and do some research to fill the empty gaps of knowledge I was missing out on. The research proved useful, as always. I now had some more ideas, some good, or so I think, and some bad, pretty standard at this point.