There's a really nice script font being used on the Radley London site at the moment where it says 'Summer Sale'. I figured this would be a freebie as its not part of their identity usually.

Anyone have any ideas what this is? Its beautiful.

Just need to have this font identified, I have looked through hundreds of fonts and I can't figure it out. So I though I'd come to the experts.

Knowing me it is something that's in the Microsoft default font package and I'm and idiot for missing it, but I can't find it maybe you can.

Thanks in advance!

Any suggestions as to the name of this font? Much obliged.

caperobin's picture

Cursive Font

Hi there

Any of you font fundi's that can help me? I'm looking for a font similar to this - except without the illustration aspect (decoration on letters, birds). Are there any fonts similar?

Woodgreen Community Services bought an “atrocious” old rooming house in east-end Toronto (at Queen and Carroll in Riverside), gutted it, and rebuilt it as well-finished transitional housing for homeless people.

Hey guys,

Check out this really sexy script on an Australian beer (that we were not drinking at the workplace, I swear!)

What is it?

I'm trying to remember what font this is. I can't remember where I got it, but I'd like to buy it.

It's a slightly loose, yet formal handwritten script with some mildly swashed caps.


Do you know the beautiful cover design created by Paul Barnes for SchirmerGraf publishers? I think he uses Big Caslon roman and italic. Anyone knows where is Big Caslon italic available? Many thanks


Indices : Terminology : Cursive

Being Cursive is a property of typography and Calligraphy which implies a certain inclination or angular tilt, either positive or negative, relative to the orthogonal "y" axis.

In type, both Oblique and Italic are Cursive in the sense that they imply some sort of inclination, somehow reminiscent of written language. Other examples of Cursive may include some Script types.


Indices : Terminology : Oblique or Sloped Roman

Oblique or Sloped Roman letterforms are sometimes incorrectly called italic. Like italics, obliques are used to offset, or give emphasis to, certain parts of a text otherwise set in upright roman type.

Oblique styles may also be called slanted roman since they are the same letterforms found in the roman face but have been slanted. In some instances they are mechanically slanted (where a slant is created by the font software) or hand-drawn slanted by the designer.

Italic letterforms (sometimes called "true italics" to further distinguish from obliques) have been drawn so that they are more formally differentiated from upright roman letters.

Syndicate content Syndicate content