I'm trying to identify the "typed" font used on this form. It's an assembly line "build sheet" used by Ford back in the sixties. Several of these forms accompanied each car (in this case a 1963 Thunderbird), and the assembly line workers used them to identify which options to install as the car moved down the line. I've been unable to find it after hours of searching - any help would be much appreciated!

i have been asked to do some design work for this place, and they requested that i use the same font as on their sign. i have searched every way i know how to, but cannot find this one on my own. please someone help.

3 generation old sign found under a shed. looking to name the font. thanks in advance

Maybe I'm just using the wrong keywords, but I'm finding this surprisingly hard to find on Google. I'm hoping the Typophile think-tank can help point me in the right direction. :-)

We're rebranding a company that was founded in the early 19th century (yes, they're *that* old) in the United States, and we're trying to find authentic typefaces from the era, or modern reinterpretations that offer a comparable effect.

I don't know what the early 19th-century designers used, whether they were American typefaces or imported, but whatever was relatively common at the time for promotional materials, we're hoping to emulate as closely as reasonably possible.

Fionn's picture

Type ID c.1884

Hi all, this is my first post, so I hope I'm doing everything right.

My late grandmother had this book entitled "Humorous Poetry", and since there's no copyright / colophon, I'd be really interested in help in finding more about the book and the typeface used for the body copy. The book is a collection of poetry (from Chaucher and the like)... I found an archived copy of it, with the copyright date (mine has the copyright page missing) at c.1884. Can I assume this was (or close to) the publication date?

I've attached a specimen of the font and I also included a photo of the cover for interest's sake. The floral capitals and embellishments on the cover are really neat.


So I'm looking for logo work circa 1870-1900 which has a narrow letter and a wide letter stacked on top of each other. (see small image below)

I'm interested in specifically this style as well as general type work from this era, if you guys know of anything off the top of your head that is related, I'd really like to see it! or a link to a previous thread, specific style names, etc..


Syndicate content Syndicate content