What is this font please and thank you?

goodeveningeurope's picture

oldnick's picture

Since you asked so nicely, I wish I could tell you for sure; unfortunately, I think that the typeface used—which probably dates from the 1950s or 1960s—may be a "kind-of-like" font used to make hot-press title cards for TV around that time.

Gill Sans Bold is kind of like it, but not exactly.

Hope this helps and, once more, thank you for your polite request.

goodeveningeurope's picture

Thanks for the lovely reply. Could someone talented use Gill Sans Bold to create a logo presenting these letters in the same style?

goodeveningeurope's picture

Oh and what are the differences between this and Gill Sans Bold? Thanks.

Syndicate content Syndicate content