New to Typophile? Accounts are free, and easy to set up.
I’m sure some of you will groan, but this kind of thing is so useful for us type-novices. Here’s a list of five vague design briefs. Name - off the cuff - one or two fonts (body / text?) you’d choose for each. Could be a classic or a little-known modern gem, something which obviously fits the brief, or something weirder.
1. A book of contemporary poetry.
2. A poster advertising a left-wing demonstration.
3. A minutely detailed, finely illustrated, copiously footnoted but slightly quirky miscellany.
4. A world war one strategy boardgame (cover, pieces and instructions).
5. The kama sutra, a new translation.