"Antique" Typeface?

bceltic26's picture

Hello All,

I'm new to Typophile but I'm already liking the content.

I came across some typefaces and I really want to use them but I can't quite identify them. Maybe you guys can help. Thanks in advance.

The Clover Farm portion in this picture is what I'm particularly interested in

I love the way the crotch(Giggity) of the letter M in gold is made with the twist!!!

Special-K's picture

You might want to check fonts at Letter Head for these type of fonts:

bceltic26's picture

Thanks Special-K. I am actually doing that now and haven't quite found a similar type. Will keep at it

bceltic26's picture

I still haven't found a font that contorts the letter M like the image above. Does anyone know the typeface used in the second image? I checked letterheadfonts also.

Atwe's picture

The /M in Purcell has a similar design.

bceltic26's picture

Thanks Atwe! That one is really nice.

I found another item that uses the similar style (particularly the M) that I'm looking for. I want to say it's Egyptian or a 1800s type. I'm not sure. What do you guys think?

Atwe's picture

The book with the golden letters on its cover is from 1878 (see here), so it is certainly not digital type.

Ryuk's picture

Having a look to the Victorian tag at MF could be helpful.

Mike F's picture

Well, you said the "M in gold", so I thought you meant the lower M. Then you showed the hat, which has an M like the upper one in your original image. Assuming, then, that you like the geometric M like on the hat, do a Web search for the font 'Ringlet' - a digital version of a Victorian era typeface.

Syndicate content Syndicate content