New to Typophile? Accounts are free, and easy to set up.
Create an account
Typophile RSS | More Feeds
Just finished my initial rough for a new typeface I'm working on. Just have the Uppercase for now. Any comment/thoughts/suggestions are welcome. Need some fresh eyes on this. Thanks so much.
Hey, great start! A couple of suggestions:
- The middle 'Q' doesn't really fit. I'd definitely choose the first or third, not sure which yet.
- I'd remove the slabs on the bottom of the 'W'
- Something about the 'J' looks off. Maybe the curve needs to be smoother, or the bottom needs to extend more.
Keep at it!
Looks good! I agree with Trevor re: Q,W, & J. Also, B and S look a bit top-heavy.
I like the feel! (I've always been a sucker for slabs)
- Given that the glyphs have a horizontal pull, the middle /Q/ seems like the best fit. Definitely not the third, with its vertical tail. If you go with the first one, though, I think the tail needs to be a bit thinner
- I agree about the /W/ and /J/, though. Maybe if the /J/ were pulled in and had a vertical serif? /W/s are tough in bold slab serifs. They look bad with bottom serifs and look top heavy without them. Without is the way to go, though, I think...
- /M/ looks uneven in weight. The diagonals are a bit too thick.
- /S/ looks a bit light. Also, its top curve looks lumpy, and I think jacobsievers is right, it looks top heavy (almost like it's upside-down.
- You might pull in the upper bowl of the /B/ just a tiny bit.