A letter by any other name...

Drizae's picture

Hi there,

I've been wondering if there are different names for the way an 'a' is shaped?
Whether it's an 'a' with a little roof over its head, or an 'a' that looks like it has just eaten a beachball.



eliason's picture

The roofed one is a two-story a, the beach ball a one-story a (like in a building). The same terms are sometimes used for the different forms of lowercase g.

eliason's picture

Or in New Zealand do they spell it "storey" as in Britain?

Syndicate content Syndicate content