New to Typophile? Accounts are free, and easy to set up.
You may have noticed some up/down arrows on the right of Forums threads & comments. [EDIT: They have since been removed until we have a better reason to use them.] I've turned on voting, but ultimately what we do with this is up to all of us. As Typophile continues to grow with hundreds of thousands of pieces of content, we're going to need some new tools to start to sift signal from noise. A few of my initial thoughts and ideas on how we might want to use this...
- View quality content, not just the stuff that's popular
- See top voted content by day, week, month, all time
- Users with lots of upvotes on their content get status within the community.
- Type ID: The community identifies who solved the ID, which could feed into a leaderboard.
- Content recommendations: Typophile suggests other content that is similar to the stuff you've upvoted.
- The community downvotes trolls, griefers, spammers and the comments gray out.
- Enough community downvotes and the comment disappears entirely.
- Typophile filters content out that you're not interested in based on your voting history.
How would _you_ like to see voting results used to enhance your Typophile experience?