What is this distressed impact font please?

davver79's picture


Can anybody identify this for me please? I'm presuming the distressed effect has been added. I think it may be the same or similar to the one Sky One used for their LOST promos.

Thanks for your help.

photo.JPG392.86 KB
Fontgrube's picture

Maybe Impact ;-)
Please note that the dents and scratches in the two R's and A's are not the same. It is quite likely they were added with a graphics program.


NJMcLellan's picture

It's definitely NOT Impact. Nonono. The kick on the R is more akin to Helvetica Inserat. Impact was, however, used for Lost promos and DVD boxart.

I've had a look in all the usual places, but all the Helvetica variants appear to be too wide and/or friendly to be this. It's also not Hoefler's Champion, though it's closer; but bowl on the R is too flat on the vertical.

But enough about what it's not...what IS it?


davver79's picture

Thanks guys, I'm loving JC Corrido so that may be the one to use if we can't work out what this one is! Thanks for the help so far...

Dan B.'s picture

The R reminded me of H&FJ's Knockout, but the E doesn't seem to match.

Syndicate content Syndicate content