"the", "and" and other vintage word-dingbats

CTAKAH's picture

Hello, I remember seeing wedding invitation that use dingbats that actually spell out commonly used words like "the", "and" and others in a vintage style. Can somebody please recommend fonts that include those, or at least tell what the proper name for them is... thank you

eliason's picture

They're called "catchwords"

Dan B.'s picture

FF Catch Words!

(Forgot how to do links for a second, sorry! Still can't get the first one to work...)

EDIT: Thanks, Craig. A space in the beginning of the post would really annoy me, though :)

eliason's picture

There's a bug where links that start a post don't work. Putting another character (even a space) before the brackets will work.

nina's picture

Brothers from Emigre is one of the best known fonts with catchwords
(they call them «Word Logos»).

kentlew's picture

Dan, the leading space will actually not get displayed and your lines will still appear flush left, but it gets the Filtered HTML format link to work.

Dan B.'s picture

Thanks, Kent. I'll keep that in mind.

CTAKAH's picture

thank you guys!

Syndicate content Syndicate content