New to Typophile? Accounts are free, and easy to set up.
I am working on a research-style article about type over the past ten years. In today's information age, it seems that as much happens in ten years now-a-days as did in a century before the industrial revolution.
I'd like to discuss the following (this is a rough, off the cuff list):
• Type design ( the actual type faces, the designers, technology, driving forces behind new designs, and so on)
• How type is being distributed (things like the smaller foundry, and so on)
• The good the bad and the ugly (I couldn't resist)
• Trends in type design and typography
• The ever changing world of web type (things like typekit, browser changes, etc)
I would like some input as to what you would like to see in such an article. Who should I interview?
Also, if you have a tip, a resource, an article with valuable info that could be used in my research, please share!
I am excited about this project, and a little nervous! Thanks all!