Scrolly typeface

hera's picture

Can anyone recognize if this scrolly character comes from an actual typeface? I was given it by a publisher to use on the chapter openers of a book, and now, close to publication date, they're wondering what it's origin is and no one seems to know. We're hoping it might belong to a font...

FILI_scroll_small.pdf27.03 KB
bowfinpw's picture

These are sometimes called Fleurons, or Ornaments. I checked Zapfino and this wasn't in the font. Didn't see it in Bickham Script either. Several of the newer OpenType fancy script fonts have ornaments, but I can't seem to find a good candidate offhand.

- Mike Yanega

riccard0's picture

There are also entire typefaces composed only of fleurons…

hera's picture

Yes, I had thought it was either zapfino or bickham, but, as you said, it was neither. I'll have to search through the fleurons and see.
Thanks though!

Syndicate content Syndicate content