Same lettering says two different words

Thomas Levine's picture

My friend made this.

It says "Bubbles lie" in calligraphy and "Calligraphy lies" in bubbles.

1. What's this type of thing called called?
2. Where can I find other examples of this?
3. Are there any resources on technique in creating these?

Thomas Levine's picture

It's not an ambigram; it can be read as two different words without changing the viewpoint.

Bert Vanderveen's picture

Perceptual shift ambigram?

. . .
Bert Vanderveen BNO

riccard0's picture

From the linked page (Ambigram types):
Perceptual shift (also called an oscillation)
A design with no symmetry but can be read as two different words depending on how the curves of the letters are interpreted.

Thomas Levine's picture

Oh, sorry, I should have read that closer.

It's fun that the name is so long.

Syndicate content Syndicate content