More possibly 70's sans-serif typefaces

tylor.reimer's picture

I can't figure out what these two sans-serif typefaces are. The Art Canada one reminds me a bit of Avant Garde Gothic the way the R looks. I can't even guess at a similar font to WATERWORKS. Any ideas? You guys always seem to be helpful.

waterworks.jpg28.61 KB
artcanada.jpg29.78 KB
agostini's picture

Waterworks reminds me of Neutraface Light with Alternative letters.

agostini's picture

For A and E you could use Neutraface 2

tylor.reimer's picture

Yeah I can see some similarities. Maybe someone has something closer. I think Neutraface was based on some older building signage (kind made out of metal) and that's where I got this from and then cleaned it up. Perhaps it is from Richard Neutra's work though I don't know if it was widely available back then or just on the houses he designed.

Tylor j Reimer DOT com

Syndicate content Syndicate content