An Oblique DIN?

cabbage's picture

I was looking around today for a cut of DIN that featured an oblique. I wasn't sure that one existed, but I thought I'd take a look. I found the link below on a My Fonts *beta* site:

The font is listed as "Dinot" but it didn't have any option to purchase - and I have been unable to find another link to it online. Any suggestions? Does this exist?


cabbage's picture

Man, why didn't that just pop up from the many google searches. nearly every other online site did. Thanks. :D

Anyone else heard of Dinot?

Ivo's picture

“Dinot” is DIN OT, but the space is missing in the name that is used there. FSI is about to fix this. Btw., have you seen the FF DIN font microsite?

canderson's picture

FF DIN tells the truth.

Are you sure you want to slant the truth?

cabbage's picture

@ Ivo - that makes more sense. I know it's not uncommon for revision fonts to have some sort of clever reference to the original font, but if that's what "DINOT" was... I couldn't figure out what the heck it was referencing. I hadn't seen the microsite, but I have now. Awesome.

@ canderson... i know, i know... :D

it's being used as the interior for a reference book. I (and the publisher) love the look of it for body text and headlines (it's not a very dense book - very minimal and modern) but there are a few things that need to be emphasized with bold (easy) and a few things that need oblique/italics... heretical? perhaps functional? yes.


blank's picture

Linotype’s DIN Next has an oblique.

Syndicate content Syndicate content