Fun New Typo term

crossgrove's picture

Not sure if this is in wide use already but my sister coined a perfect new term for herself. She's like many of our family members who don't understand the difference between serif and sans, even when you point it out to them. I told her to look in Martha Stewart Living for Mundo Sans (they just switched from Trade Gothic or whatever), and she couldn't tell any of the fonts apart. But she calls herself a Typophilistine.

Si_Daniels's picture

Put it in the wiki!

dementad's picture

At least she has a sans of humor.


Ricardo Cordoba's picture

Never Mind the Ball Terminals, Here's the Typophilistines!

Joe Pemberton's picture

Typophilistine | typ•o•phil•is•tine | noun - a person who is hostile or indifferent to the typographic arts, or who has no understanding of them

russellm's picture

and she couldn’t tell any of the fonts apart.

... So she's a legibility researcher?


Syndicate content Syndicate content