New to Typophile? Accounts are free, and easy to set up.
An afternoon about sustainability and the communities of New Orleans. Come learn about sustainable practices in your work, your home, your city and enjoy a special composition by The Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz Ensemble. (We won’t be able to save the planet in one day, but we can try.)
THURSDAY, MARCH 13
* 12:30 Introduction to Sustainability: Chicken Little or David & Goliath
- Edward Kvet, Ph.D., Dean, College of Music and Fine Arts, Loyola University New Orleans
* 1:00-2:00: Panel #1: So doctors, how sustainable are we?
- John P. Clark, Ph.D., Gregory F. Curtin Distinguished Professor in Humane Letters and the Professions, Professor of Philosophy and Faculty and Loyola Environmental Studies Program, Loyola University New Orleans
- Joelle Underwood, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Atmospheric Chemistry and Faculty, Loyola Environmental Studies Program, Loyola University New Orleans
- Anthony E. Ladd. Ph.D., Associate Professor of Sociology and Faculty, Loyola Environmental Studies Program, Loyola University New Orleans
* 2:15-3:15: Panel #2: So, what can our community do to become more sustainable?
- John Moore, Green Building Program Director, Global Green New Orleans
- Amy Koritz, Ph.D., Associate Professor of English and Urban Studies, Tulane University, New Orleans
- Nicolas Alatzas, Project and Construction Manager, Renewable Systems Designer, FutureProof LLC, New Orleans
* 3:30-4:30: Panel #3: What can I do to become more sustainable?
- Marc Alt, President, Marc Alt + Partners, Co-Chair, AIGA Center for Sustainable Design, New York
- Jeff LeBlanc, MFA Candidate, ITP Tisch, New York University
- Terry DeRoche, Digital Media, NOCCA|Riverfront
* 4:30-5:00: Q & A (Ask the experts.)
* 5:00-5:30: Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz Ensemble performs a piece composed in celebration of New Orleans as a sustainable community.
- Special announcement and directions to visit the first house built in The Holy Cross Project
* 6:00-8:00: Reception and Acoustic/Voice Ensemble, Collins C. Diboll Gallery
LOYOLA UNIVERSITY NEW ORLEANS, ROUSSELL HALL
Loyola University New Orleans, AIGA New Orleans (AIGA NOLA), the Graphic Design Department of Loyola University New Orleans, AIGA Center for Sustainable Design (CFSD), Global Green New Orleans and Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz Ensemble
AIGA Members: FREE
Loyola Students, Faculty & Staff: FREE
Full Day Pass (Includes Reception and Transportation) $20.00
Single Panel Pass (Entry to Panel Discussions Only) $10.00
Roger White Ph.D., Vice Provost, Loyola University New Orleans and Nancy Sharon Collins, Visiting Assistant Professor of Graphic design, Loyola University New Orleans, Education Director AIGA New Orleans
AIGA EDUCATION DIRECTOR, NANCY SHARON COLLINS, firstname.lastname@example.org or 917-392-1417.