photoshop pixel images?

fredcastle's picture

is there any easy way to take photos and make them look like this?

or maybe black on a color [two colors total]?

aluminum's picture

Best would do it by hand, but you could approximate it by:

- posterizing the photo (to reduce the colors used and to provide areas of flat color)
- reduce the resolution using nearest neighbor interpolation.
- increase the resolution back up using nearest neighbor interpolation

You'd then have to go in to add the 'grout' between the pixels and tweak things (specifically, giving the image the black outline).

Syndicate content Syndicate content