type with a line through the middle

PL's picture

do you have a good recommendation for type with a line through the middle?

pattyfab's picture

You can put a line through any font using the "strikethrough" feature in either Quark or InDesign.

eliason's picture

in either Quark or InDesign.

Or even in just about any word processor.

Si_Daniels's picture

Or even HTML using the <DEL> tag or maynbe its the <STRIKE> tag - anyway something like that.

jasonc's picture

all the previous posts are probably what you're looking for. But just in case you actually need a font with strikethrough:

PL's picture

To clarify, I am not looking for a line running across the x-height. I am looking for a font with a line through the stroke of an individual letterform - this creates the look of a thin white replica of the Letter imbedded in the letter.

dezcom's picture

Do you mean incised typeface?


eliason's picture

Ohhhh, that's different! Looks like myfonts.com calls them "inline" fonts:

Ricardo Cordoba's picture

Yep, I have heard the term "inline," too. Also "handtooled"... Here are some more examples:



PL's picture

yes like that. any suggestions?
I like this one:

Syndicate content Syndicate content