Iron-on t-shirt typeface

Taylor Sizemore's picture

I know this is obvious to someone... probably everyone on here but me.
When you see it you also think of dirty industrialization.
It's the type on their shirts...
Thank You!!!

breaking-away.jpg22.63 KB
325547528_4c49a67b7b_m.jpg9.66 KB
beejay's picture

edit ... sorry, I was looking at the Breaking Away font, which looks like Princeton filled in.

You want the shirt ... oops.

beejay's picture

i remember some standard iron-on fonts from back in the day.

here's a bigger view. Is this what you're looking for?

can't quite identify it as a font, though. :(

Stephen Coles's picture

I don't believe this exists in digital form. There's always ITC Machine, but that's a bit too condensed and many letters don't match. Another option is FF Oxide.

Jeff Levine's Sporting Life and Canada Type's Player are slabbed versions of this jersey lettering.

bowfinpw's picture

There is also Superstar, but that has a thin outline.

- Mike Yanega

marcox's picture

United, from House Industries, would be my choice. Lots o' weights/widths to work with.

Stephen Coles's picture

Why do I always forget United?

Taylor Sizemore's picture

woah... that looks good.
It's just a small project and don't think I can justify the purchase.
If you are working on a project for someone do you just add it to the cost?

Miss Tiffany's picture

Every designer does this differently. Personally I do not pass along the cost of the license(s) to the client* because I know I will be using it again in the future and consider it the cost of doing business as a graphic designer.

*Unless it is something the client requests and is so heinous that I want nothing to do with it afterward. In that case I do charge the client and transfer the license to them upon completion. :^P

Syndicate content Syndicate content