New to Typophile? Accounts are free, and easy to set up.
OK, we have been through 2 whole days of the new year. That should be long enough for us to spot the years trends and make predictions!
1. "Helvetica" the film will get an Academy award;
2. Meta Serif will become the most used new typeface of the year;
3. Microsoft will debut a new multi-language typeface for screen/web use and bundle it with Office.
4. A typography "Hall of Fame" will open in the Netherlands (the first inductee will be "Mr. 'T' but TO will be rejected due to excessive celebrations);
5. Apple will FINALLY release an opentype friendly OS;
6. Adobe will release a new typeface designed by Miguel Sousa;
7. The Consortium will finally figure out a way to get kerning to work on screen.
Feel free to add or detract,