Printed Ornaments

tina's picture

Besides on wine bottles I've seen ornaments like this in a book from about the middle of the 16th century. Could somebody put me into the right direction to find more information about them? Thank you.

kentlew's picture

These particular forms are often referred to as Granjon ornaments or Granjon fleurons, I believe.

You'll find some digital versions in this collection:

The early 20th-century designer & typographer Bruce Rogers was fond of using them to great effect.

If you search on some of those terms, you may find some info.

-- K.

Giampa's picture


I think you may have an easier time matching this work with this font.


tina's picture

WOW, this is gorgeous!
Thank you very much!

Syndicate content Syndicate content