New to Typophile? Accounts are free, and easy to set up.
Create an account
Typophile RSS | More Feeds
Has anyone come across a batch font conversion script for Fontlab? I have about 200 fonts in pfb/afm format that I need to convert over to a format OS X can handle.
That's easy, without any script:
1. Choose "Tools" / "Action Set".
2. Set "Apply action set to" to "Fonts in the Fonts List".
3. Click on "..."
4. Click on "+" and choose all your .pfb fonts.
5. Set "Destination format" to "OpenType PS (.otf)".
6. Choose a destination folder.
7. Click on "OK", then "Run".
Thanks as always, Adam.
I’m getting the following error with all of the conversions:
[WARNING] The feature file OS/2 overrides TypoAscender and TypoDescender do not sum to the font bbox size!
Is that a serious problem?
it's not an error, it's a warning.
It is not crucial -- inconsistent linespacing between Mac and Windows may be a result. However, fixing it would require manual editing of the linespacing values (Ascender, Descender).
Err..so is that good or bad? If I only use one platform(MAC) then it's fine right?