New to Typophile? Accounts are free, and easy to set up.
An introduction to myself -- so you can understand where I'm coming from.
1) i'm a student (graphicDesign/photography)
2) have not taken very many design courses
3) eager/willing to learn
So, here are the steps that I've taken -- mind you I have zero training in this department :)
1) sketches (hundreds).
3) streamline/illustrator vector.
4) import EPS -> fontLab
So here's where the problem comes up. I'm vectoring the letterForms perfectly fine in illustrator. However, upon importing into fontLab, I'm finding apparitions at the ends/tips of the curves. I do not have sample images at the moment ( im at work ), however, I'll post some later.
Nevertheless -- some questions...
1) am I following the accurate steps?
2) are theres any webSites that can describe to me how to draw a serif typeFace
I apologize if this was a cumbersome post, and thanks for reading through. Also, thanks in advance to all who respond.
attached are some early sketches...