New to Typophile? Accounts are free, and easy to set up.
My way to generate an Arabic font.
1. I had an Arabic font which included ALL Arabic glyphs from Unicode 4.1 and ready to generate it to produce TTF file to add Volt project.
2. I made an encoding file (.enc) which included all of my glyphs.
3. Sorted it depending on this .enc. (I arranged them depending on my encoding file.
4. Pressed on Codepages
5. Generated the font.
6. Go to Ms Volt to complete OpenType project.
My questions are:
I know that there are 4 ways to do generation in FontLab:
1. By arranging font depending on Names mode (By pressing on Names mode button then generating)
2. By arranging font depending on Unicode range (By pressing on Unicode range button then generating).
3. By arranging font depending on Codepage (By pressing on Codepage button then generating).
4. By arranging font depending on Index mode (By pressing on Index mode then generating).
- Could you please tell me the difference between 4 ways and when we use them?
- Is my way correct or not? (I know that we can use any of four ways because Volt doesn’t consider the arrangement but looks on font glyphs names themselves, but I would like to know the correct way which was used by the professional typographic designers)
- What is the best way to produce ttf file?
Looking for your soon response.
Please send a copy of your reply to firstname.lastname@example.org