the red ink

ubergrafik's picture

I've noted that in certain older style books, headings are printed in red. Is there a term for this kind of treatment where the body text and some headings are bloack, and certain headings are printed in red.

Eric_West's picture

Part of it was, I think red was cheap. Thats what I've heard.

timd's picture

A rubric – a heading or text that is emphasised (it stems from rubrica terra Latin for "red earth" which in turn makes red or ochre writing material).

Syndicate content Syndicate content