Show your face at TypeCon2005 during Type Week in New York
Deadline for Submissions: July 15, 2005
Download Submission Forms: PDF ASCII TEXT
The TypeGallery is a showcase of new typeface design presented by The Society of Typographic Aficionados (SOTA). The TypeGallery will be exhibited during TypeCon2005, and many works will travel internationally after the conference. All typefaces shown at TypeCon2005 will also become part of a permanent online exhibitio on the TypeGallery site. Some works may also be selected for print publication by SOTA.
- Typefaces must have been created, published, or significantly updated between June 2004 and June 2005.
- You may submit either a traditional type specimen or a typographic design piece displaying your font in use.
- Artwork may be in color or black and white.
- Maximum artwork size is 11"x17".
- Each submission must be mounted flush on an 11"x17" piece of white foamcore board. You must provide two (2) mounted copies of each submission.
- Digital files must be provided for each submission. Supply 300 dpi press-ready PDFs or editable vector EPS files (Illustrator CS1 or Freehand v10 or lower). Files must be Mac-compatible and scalable. Convert all fonts to paths in the illustration program, and embed all fonts in PDF files. Proof your digital files carefully to ensure the highest quality appearance both onscreen and in print.
- Limit three (3) typeface submissions from a single designer or foundry.
- There is a fee of $15 per submission to help cover costs. Fees are waived for SOTA members, TypeCon2005 attendees, speakers, and sponsors.
- To pay securely online using a credit card or electronic funds transfer, go to http://www.typesociety.org/typegallerypay.html.
- To pay by check or money order (in US funds drawn on US banks only), make payable to SOTA, and mail to:
c/o Jon Coltz
3917 York Ave N
Robbinsdale, MN 55422
Please enclose a copy of your submission form(s) with payment.
How To Submit
- Download and fill out the text form or print and complete the PDF form (use one form for each typeface submission), and attach a copy to the back of your mounted artwork. This completed text file must also accompany your digital files.
- Email artwork and submission forms to email@example.com. Attachment file size must not exceed 7 mb per email. Email URLS for downloading larger files.
- Ship mounted submissions (well-packaged to prevent damage) to:
c/o Carol Wahler, Type Directors Club
127 West 25th Street, 8th Floor
New York, NY 10001
Digital files and mounted artwork must be received by July 15, 2005.
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special note for schools and cultural organizations
If you represent a school or cultural organization and are interested in exhibition work from the TypeGallery in the future, please email mailto:email@example.com.