Serif font ID help please (GQ magazine cover font)

thom2000's picture

Hi there,

This is my first font ID request, really hoping some of you out there are able to help.

I've found a classic-looking serif font, on the cover of an issue of GQ magazine. It's characterised by very circular serifs and shapely punctuation.

Profuse apologies to more experienced typophiles, I'm relatively new to describing fonts characteristics.

Any help given will be hugely appreciated. Many thanks!

Prumo Text
Solved By: 
article-2708999-201429CA00000578-299_634x825.jpg127.02 KB


ralphsmouse's picture

Looks like Prumo Text Black. GQ Italy uses it monthly on their magazine covers and year-round on their website.

thom2000's picture

Quite similar, thank you!

The < isn't quite right, but very appreciative of the help @ralphsmouse.

Thank you!

thom2000's picture

Clearly unable to spell in Italian. Apologies!

Birdseeding's picture

It's because that's not a <, but rather a «.

ralphsmouse's picture

Definitely guillemets Birdseeding.

thom2000's picture

You're absolutely right- thank you to both of you @Birdseeding and @ralphsmouse

Like I said, I'm quite new to the specifics of fonts, so am extremely appreciative of your help.

Guillemets is a new word to me- very happy to learn if you experts will put up with me!

Thank you again.

thom2000's picture

Agh apologies, it wouldn't let me credit you both in the answers- but thank you again both.

Syndicate content Syndicate content