Confused with type anatomy

DeeUK's picture

Can anyone tell me what the circled parts are in this pic? Are they terminals, serifs, tails?
I'm getting confused with them all :/

hrant's picture

That shape is often called "foxtail". You can append "flourish", "terminal", "serif", etc. to it, as you see fit.


DeeUK's picture

Thankyou :)

Nick Shinn's picture

Also “Swash”.

Syndicate content Syndicate content