Quick question about VOLT/AFDKO

ferfolio_2's picture


I've heard this terms over and over, and I just wantet to know what are they exactly and where can I learn more about those subjects. Thank you :)

George Thomas's picture

AFDKO (Adobe Font Development Kit for OpenType) == http://www.adobe.com/devnet/opentype.html

VOLT (Visual OpenType Layout Tool) == http://www.microsoft.com/typography/volt.mspx

ferfolio_2's picture

Thanks George, already begun to study it! :)

John Hudson's picture

Note that although VOLT is described on the MS site as being used to add OTL tables to TTFs, it can also be used to add them to CFF fonts, although you can't visually edit features for CFF fonts directly in VOLT (because it has no PS rasteriser).

See my FontLab-to-VOLT workflow documentation.

ferfolio_2's picture

Perfect John! Will do!

Syndicate content Syndicate content